Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"I can't Wait to see Jesus!"

Teaching Sunday can occasionally feel like a duty, like a chore. Something that I should do... When I received my new class of Kindergarten Kids, I quickly compared them to how my own kids behave in my class at Fall Creek, and how much easier MY KIDS are to teach. After reflecting on this, I have been convicted of this attitude...
This last Sunday, I was teaching those same kids. During worship, we were singing fun songs and slow slongs... After we got done singing "Jesus is my Super Hero" (An oldie but goodie from back in my CIY days:)), One of my Kindergarten Kids came up to me and pulled my hand, with a huge smile on her face she said "Miss Shelby, I can't WAIT to see Jesus!" It was so sincere and so real! A huge smile was placed on my face, and tears filled my eyes!
Not only did this convict me of my attitude towards teaching Sunday School, but it changed the way I taught the rest of that day... I didn't just read a story about God... I had the opportunity to SHARE CHRIST!!!
Even though teaching in my own school setting is "easier", I don't have the opportunity like I have at church to openly tell these young kiddos about Jesus! What a gift! What a Blessing!

I cannot wait for the day..and it'll be here very soon:)... when Brett and I get to share Christ with our son. Not only do we pray for him to be healthy, but we pray already that he will love Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment