Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Crazy Love

Last night was the kickout to our small group. Brett and I have been extreamly blessed by these other four couples. In just a couple years, they have grown from "members of our small group" to some of our closest friends. So I was very excited to finally kick off the year (even though we've seen them all summer:)) Yesterday I was busy sweeping the carpet, cleaning, making the dessert, just getting ready for company... I really didn't sit down from the time I started school, until I actually sat down for our group session. As I was sitting there, watching the video, I started feeling a "flutter". The most amazing feeling I have ever felt. I had to hide my grinning face, because I was chessy from ear to ear. I think about our baby about 16 hours a day (the other eight, I'm sleeping, even though most nights I dream about the baby :)), but to actually have this conformation is truly a gift. I whispered to Brett, "Our baby is moving!" Then the grinning became contagious. Just remembering the look on his face, brings tears to my face now:):) As I am feeling those "bubbles" in my stomach....I'm watching the video for our first session....
The name of our study is "Crazy Love" In the first chapter, the author wrote about our paryer life, basically saying "STOP PRAYING!" Most of us (Me!) just go right into praying, asking God for this and that, and don't just take the time to sit, and reflect on how amazing he is, We don't sit in silence, letting him speak to us. We don't allow him to work in our lives by just taking the time to sit.. because we are so consumed with cheking those prayer requests off one by one. He said if he stop praying, we might be able to hear God speak to us in our lives....

What a way for the Lord to speak to me that night... The first time I stopped cleaning, cooking, working, was when I got to experience that most unbelievable "flutter" of our baby. What else can he show me if I just stop asking, asking, telling, and telling in my prayer life, and simply just Stop and Listen....
I love the title of this book and how it relates to my life right now. I am so Crazy in Love with B & I's unborn child... I can't image how Crazy in Love with us He is.....

1 comment:

  1. Shelby, I love your insight and am enjoying reading your blog! God is doing some great things in and through you guys as He prepares you to be parents

    ReplyDelete