Saturday, March 13, 2010

The best gift from Heaven


How can I begin to describe the best gift Brett and I have ever received? Or even try to some up what has taken place in these last two weeks... if you have time and you are ready to read, then maybe you will find that I have tried at least to put into words the amazing events over the past two weeks...
    Sunday, Feb. 28th- THIS BABY IS COMING OUT!!!!
A week overdue... (who's counting anyways, right:)?)  Its not that I was miserable or upset.. I was just SO READY to see my lil guy, (and not be taking up time from my maternity leave:)) After visiting my Dr. on Thursday, she and I agreed that I was not going to be induced until it was hurting the baby. I had an ultrasound done, and "Baby B-Cad" was perfectly content, and perfectly healthy, so the word "induction" was not going to be used until about another week or so!
   On Sunday, I was DETERMINED that this baby was going to be in my arms the next day.... so I did everything I COULD to get him here.. Mexican for lunch, an afternoon "nap", walking on the treadmill, pineapple, apple cider, buffalo wings for dinner, and for dessert.. CASTOR OIL!!!
   About 2:00 a.m. I started feeling contraction... I started timing them myself for about an hour. They were about 4 minutes apart, so I woke up Brett.  My very eager and excited husband called the Doctor and we were on our way! I love thinking back to this moment.. the last ride together where our family was just going to be us two.. we were so excited, (and I was in PAIN) so we prayed the whole way there to ease our emotions.
   Once at the hospital, they checked my cervix and monitored my contractions, "You are dialed to 1 & a 1/2!" "YEAH! I thought! I was finally dilated!" This number cracks Rachael up- Miss, I walk around dilated to 3 and I'm not even pregnant:))
   I knew it was going to be a long day, because I had so far to go! So once admitted, we walked around as much as I could. My contractions were minutes apart, and the pain was extreme in my back.  I held off as long as I could to get my epi. At 3 cm, I finally broke down!  At 5 cm. the Dr. was very worried about the baby and his heartbeat, because my contractions were so close together, he wasn't getting any breaks. There was talk of a C-section then, but decided to get me some meds to slow down the contractions. A couple hours later, and no progression, they had to put me on potosine to get the contractions going again.  At 8 cm. my Dr. was VERY worried about the baby, and his continue to decline heartbeat, that she decided we were going to do a C-section. Everything was ready to go, and Brett's scrubs were on... and then.. he started doing fine again (Praise the Lord??) I wanted him to be ok but I was tired of this.. it was 6:00 and I had been in bed all day. I was SOOOO  thirsty, and SOO ready to see my son. An hour later,  I was dilated to 10.. ready to push! When I did a practice push, they noticed that his head was in a compromising position, and was afraid that the umbilical cord would be pushed out first.. SOOOO you guessed it! They decided to do a C-section! This made me feel relived and calm about the situation.  I could have pushed for hours and then ended up in a C-section, or they can do it now, when the circumstance is a lot more calm.
   7:59pm... a time I will never forget.. our son was finally here! Those of you who have children know how unbelievable this moment is.  This moment will forever be in our hearts. Brett was the first to hold him, and then he brought him to me. We were amazed, and so greatful! We thank the Lord daily for our amazing blessing... Crew Kessler Cadwell!!!!!!


      Our stay in the hospital was great- we realized how blessed we are with family and friends.  We loved this time to bond as a family, and share our blessing with the closest people in our lives.   Thank you for those of you who came to visit us, sent us cards, or made us meals.  Brett and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts!! Above all else, Brett and I thank our Lord for Crew. We thank him for keeping me and him safe through this whole process. We thank him for a beautiful and healthy baby boy.  Brett and I are so in love with him!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I took castor oil and Jensen was in my arms 8 hours later!!! So happy for you guys. Crew is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you! Crew is adorable! May you have many, many wonderful times in your future with your son! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Crew is so cute. I had a C-section as well. The recovery process can seem slow, I hope you feel back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete